Friday, November 28, 2008

Blue tanager

I believe that this is a blue tanager. Blue-gray tanagers are more common and look like this bird, except with a gray body and blue wings. This is blue in both its wings and body. Therefore, I believe it to be a blue tanager, although my Costa Rican wildlife and bird books do not show a photo or illustration of a blue tanager.

After posting several photos about ugly ants, I figured I better show a photo of an attractive animal to try to redeem the visual appeal of this website.

3 comments:

Kate said...

It is a beautiful visual appeal; you got it just right. The colour immediately caught my eye on the portal. Have a good week-end coming up!

Judy said...

This bird looks a little like our mountain bluebird but maybe bigger. Very pretty.

magiceye said...

lovely!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...