Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Are walking roots nocturnal?

This is a photo of "walking roots" at night. I had never thought about the silly question of whether walking root trees do their walking at night or during the day. Back on June 25, I posted the lower photo below of walking roots during the day. It is impossible, of course, to determine if the trees are walking during the day or the night, or both. They would have to be running trees rather than walking trees to notice.

The top photo above was taken on the grounds of the Capitan Suizo Resort, located on the beach in Tamarindo. That explains why there is a spotlight on the tree. The lower photo was taken on the grounds of the Cala Luna Resort in the Playa Langosta area of Tamarindo.

5 comments:

Kate said...

It is a very unusual plant! Thanks for both photos for comparison.

Sharon said...

I still think these are the most unusual trees. I like the way this one is lit up at night.

Unknown said...

This one of the most amazing things 'the tropics' have to show! If I lived there I surely had to have one and would mark the ground to see how long does it take to change place! :-)

Hilda said...

What an amazing tree!

Layrayski said...

Very strange question. It almost made my hair stand on end =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...