Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Log bridge over creek

This trail crosses over a creek through use of a log that has been sawed across the top so that there is flat surface on which to walk. The photo also shows that there is a rope strung across the creek to use as a handrail to help steady the hikers.

On Sunday, I showed a hanging bridge over a river for the Feb. 1 theme day of "paths and pathways." Several people wondered if it is sturdy, and it is. So I decided today to show this photo of a trail in Rincon de la Vieja National Park that does not have the sturdiness of the bridge suspended from cables, with wire cage sides and handrails.

The two hikers shown in this photo are my two sons. One lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and the other lives in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. It is nice that they can "meet halfway" in Costa Rica to vacation together with my wife and me.

Tomorrow I will show you the creek traversed by this log, followed by a photo of the creature we saw immediately after crossing this log bridge.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Although it is very picturesque, I think I prefer the hanging bridge you posted previously.

Sharon said...

You have to have good balance for this one. I can't wait to see the "creature".

Judy said...

That looks as easy as falling off a log.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...