Thursday, April 30, 2009

Water slide

I have shown zip lines through the forest in the past (and will do so again), but I have not previously shown this water slide through the forest.  This is part of Buena Vista Adventure Park, near Rincon de la Vieja National Park.  

This water slide goes 1/4 of a mile (.4 km) through the forest, many times longer than the biggest water slide at any water park.  They give you a leather diaper-like thing to put on to protect your swimsuit from getting scuffed up while careening through the forest.  

Other activities to enjoy at Buena Vista include zip lines, horse back rides, mud baths, hot mineral baths, and, of course, lunch.  

5 comments:

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

i remember this water slide and it goes on forever in the jungle. it is fun at first as you lay down and watch the jungle trees and plants over your head and then all of a sudden it picks up speed, hits a bump, and then at the end you go in a dark enclosed tube and come out in a pool of water. Such fun adventures always await you in Costa Rica.

Anonymous said...

That must be a wild ride. I can't even imagine something that long. I hope it is not that expensive to use so that most people can afford to experience it.

Sharon said...

I was going to say this looked like fun until I read Julie's description. I don't think I like the idea of the enclosed tube.

Clueless in Boston said...

That would be a great way to see the forest.

I avoided commenting yesterday. Mothers-in-law jokes are too easy. It's great you get along so well with yours.

Judy said...

Wow! That sounds like a fun thing to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...