Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yesterday's sunset

This is yesterday's sunset, just before the sun disappeared into the ocean.  I took this photo from the balcony of our condo on the beach in Playa Langosta, which I showed a few days ago.

My wife is supposed to be with me here in Tamarindo, but she had to cancel her trip because of a matter that arose at work that requires that she remain in Arizona. 

I am posting this photo so that she will see what she is missing by remaining in the USA to do work.   My sons and I will miss her, although we will use this occasion to go deep sea fishing, which she does not like to do. 

9 comments:

Pierre said...

Thanks for sharing some fab photos - this sunset is really great! Good luck with the fishing and greetings from Cape Town,
Pierre

brattcat said...

Poor Julie. Are the sunsets like that every night?

henny said...

Wow at the sunset and your deep sea fishing. I don't live quite near from the sea, can't do both of them :(. Have a safe fishing.

crocrodyl said...

Beautiful colours!

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

wow, you guys had a gorgeous colorful sunset. sigh. My favorite part is hearing the waves from the bedroom and walking on the beach to feel the warm waves lap over my feet. I ams ad that I am here at work and would rather be there. Altho missing the deep sea fishing tour is fine by me :)

Unknown said...

A stunning sunset. That is a sad thing to miss.

Sharon said...

Wow, Dave! This looks like a painting! Just beautiful. Have fun fishing.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Brattcat,
We get gorgeous sunsets most evenings. The only exception would be if there is a solid cloud cover in the western sky over the ocean blocking the sun. Often clouds in the sky enhance the effects of the sunset by adding texture. The weather here is very clear and dry during the tourist high season from December until May, which makes for great sunsets. It is so clear and sunny during the dry season along the northwest coast of Costa Rica that the trees here actually drop their leaves like winter in your Vermont in order to conserve their water. A short distance inland and to higher elevations takes one to cloud forests and rain forests, but we do not have that weather along the Northwest Pacific coast.

Lowell said...

Boy, another couple of seconds and you'd have missed that.

Have fun fishing in the deep, blue sea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...