Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Surfboard on the main street

This is a street scene in "downtown" Tamarindo.  I took this photo on the main street and about a half block from the main intersection in town.   My guess is that this looks different than the main street in your town.

In Tamarindo, it is not unusual to see surf boards in the middle of town.  In other towns, someone might think that this man is taking up a prime parking spot by doing some maintenance or repair work on a surfboard in the main street of town.  This man is in front of one of the many surfboard rental shops in town.  In the background, you can see some all terrain vehicles available for rent.

6 comments:

brattcat said...

Are those wrapped-up pipes on the right for holding surfboards without marring them?

Sharon said...

I think of this as what a true "beach town" should look like.

glenda said...

This is the charm of Tamarindo. Love it!

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

A true bohemian, diverse surfer town. I hope it always keeps some of that charm

Loomousine said...

Even beginners can learn to surf in Tamarindo. My son and I were sucessful a few weeks ago. It's truly awesome ~pure vida~

Anonymous said...

I guess that is one of the Costa Rica Surf Club surfshops! super cool guys very surf pasionate!this is their website www.costaricasurfclub.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...