Saturday, August 15, 2009

Central Tamarindo fron the air

This is central Tamarindo. It is low tide, exposing part of the wide gently sloping beach. On the left of this photo along the beach is the Diria Resort complex, with palm trees along the beach, some two-story hotel units, and taller condo units. We have one of our two condos in the large condo in the left center of this photo.

The white building at the right center is the new Pacific Park condo building. It sits at one of the two main intersections in town. Some people think that its white color stands out too much against the green colors of the trees that, fortunately, are still so prevalent in Tamarindo.

One of the provisions of the Presidential order last year that limits the height of new buildings to be built near the ocean also requires that approximately one half of the land area near the ocean must be left in trees or grass,, rather than buildings or parking lots. In he future, that will preserve the green skyline that you see in this photo.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

It looks like a lot of growth since I was last there.

glenda said...

I am enjoying these views from the air. That condo must have a great view.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

i like all of the trees that are on the beach. It makes for a much more enjoyable beach and ocean experience. I wish California beaches at more trees and landscape like this. I don't like concrete and parking lots right up to the beach. Very nice to see the aerial view. I want to go on this gyro copter tour.

brattcat said...

This is such a beautiful view.

Bim said...

Beautiful photo! May I use a copy of it for my website? I'll owe you a drink next time I'm in town (Tamarindo)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...