Sunday, September 13, 2009

Colorful crabs

When we were floating the estuary we could see little crabs on mud banks and walking along tree roots and branches. Most of the crabs were dark in color and blended in with the color of the mud and branches.

When we got out of our estuary tour boat for a little walk through the forest in Las Baulas National Park, we encounters lots of these much more colorful crabs. They had little holes in the dirt for their burrows, and they would run for cover at the entrance to their holes when we got near. They would at times stay at the entrance to their holes, so the could see us and dash down their holes if we got too close. This colorful crab did not have anything to worry about me, as I had no desire to get real close to him.

The area had lots of crabs even though we were at least 1 1/2 kilometers (1 mile) inland up the estuary from the ocean.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish a happy birthday to my wife, Julie, of Scottsdale Daily Photo. She is running an extraordinary series of photos of her trip to a slot canyon in northern Arizona. I highly recommend checking it out if you are not a regular visitor to her site, as she has some amazing photos coming up in the next week. (I should also mention that it is strictly a coincidence that I have showed a photo of a crab on my wife's birthday.)

Today is Sunday, which means that my wife and I have posted some new photos on our Viva la Voyage travel website. Several people asked us to show more photos of Buenos Aries after our post last Sunday, and we have obliged. We are featuring some photos of what is without a doubt the most monumental cemetery in the world.

6 comments:

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

gorgeous crab. such color.

glenda said...

What a cute little guy! You'll probably pay for the crab comment.

Sharon said...

He's got his eye on you!

Lowell said...

My wife sometimes says I'm an old crab, but I think she means something different than this as I'm not nearly so colorful!

And I did check out Julie's work on your travel site! Just superb. Polo ponies are very special - they are magnificent creatures who have to be smart as well as well-trained!

Unknown said...

These crabs are fantastic! I remember them 'running' to their holes as we were passing by! :-)

Anonymous said...

The colors in that crab are really cool! I've never seen such a colorful one! Coincidence, huh? Good luck with that one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...