Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tour de Costa Rica support vehicles

Support vehicles for bicycle racers are critical. Yesterday I showed the Tour de Costa Rica bicycle racers speeding down the roadway. After the racers passed, there was a stream of support vehicles for the racers that were following the bicyclists.

When I see TV reports of cycling races, it amazes me that there are not more accidents because of the congestion of riders, support vehicles, camera crews and spectators on narrow and sometimes mountainous roads.

On our travel photo site, Viva la Voyage, this week we are showing photos of the animals of Monterrey, California.

4 comments:

brattcat said...

That's a good question about the accidents, or lack thereof.

glenda said...

A mini tour de France. I've been on some of these roads and I wondered the same thing. What about the guy with his load of wood drawn by his donkey?

Sharon said...

I too, would worry about accidents on those narrow roads! I also can't imagine racing in the humid heat of Costa Rica. Maybe this was a little higher elevation.

Birdman said...

Looks sooooooo warm compared to here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...