Sunday, February 28, 2010

Marriott Resort from the sea

Yesterday I showed the J.W. Marriott Guanacaste Resort from the air, so today I am showing a photo of the resort from the sea. I apologize for the quality of the photo, but I was out on a fishing boat several miles away on a somewhat hazy day, so this was the best I could do using a 12 times zoom.

I am showing this to give a perspective on how much green, open space remains in the area, even though major hotel developments such as the Marriott, have come to the area. The Marriott is located as part of the 4,500 acre Hacienda Pinilla property, which is a master-planned area that will leave much of the land in open space and much of the coastline undeveloped.

Tomorrow is the monthly Daily Photo Theme Day. For the several days thereafter I will return to a little series about the beach between Langosta and Hacienda Pinilla, and I will show what happens when my family exhibited some lack of foresight and planning and how my wife solved the problem that confronted us.

Today is Sunday, so we have new photos posted on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site. This week we are showing sunrise photos of some of the monuments of Washington, D.C.

4 comments:

brattcat said...

I love the variations of blue in this, Dave.

Sharon said...

The haze seems to have filtered the green into various shades of blue.

Judy said...

Ok, now you've got me curious. I guess I'll have to wait a couple days to find out what the problem could have been.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Because you like the art, you may like this STAR!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...