Saturday, August 7, 2010

Monkey: "Help. Let go of me."

White-faced Capuchin monkeys like to jump on the roofs of the boats used for the wildlife boat cruises in Palo Verde National Park. The roofs of the boats are flat, dry, and have a little bounce to them, unlike the dirt and trees in the jungle where the monkeys normally hang out.

These monkeys were wrestling on the roof while we watched from the bow of the boat. We had as many as 10 monkeys playing around on our boat and an adjacent boat. In future posts I will show some of the monkeys while they were jumping up and down like on a trampoline.

The fishing village of Burano, Italy, near the mouth of the Venetian lagoon is the subject of our photos this week on Viva la Voyage, our travel photo site.

13 comments:

brattcat said...

Hope no monkeys were hurt in the filming of this post. Can't wait to see the jumping monkeys.

domino said...

Can people play with them? Great idea to hang out in the trees!!!

Sharon said...

That must have been quite a sight to see! This photo is great.

Shannon said...

My thoughts echo what Sharon said, that would be amazing to see! Fantastic picture.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

so playful in their rough and tumble manner

glenda said...

Were they noisy while playing? With his mouth open it looks like he may be making some comments. The leaf cutters yesterday are pretty amazing!

Life Is A Road Trip said...

That must be fun to watch. Looks like this one may be down for the count.

Judy said...

Sounds like it was fun but this guy has some sharp looking teeth. This is a cute shot.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

AT first I thought it was a swan. On close inspection I see it is a monkey's tail. I suppose he's been monkeying around.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Great shot. What a cute little guy.


Darryl and Ruth : )

Jilly said...

Super shot - and such fun to watch them. I think I'd be a little nervous tho?

Boom Nisanart said...

Great captured and Nice composition !

Everyday Melbourne
Everyday Shot
Everyday Cat Visitor
N...is..an..ART

Unknown said...

When I as at Manuel Antonio I witnessed an encounter of two white faced monkey groups and let me tell you it was awful as they fought like I have never imagined! Still remember the screaming.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...