Monday, August 2, 2010

Red leaves

The gardens on the grounds of the Diria Resort around our condo are lush and green, which drew my attention to the plant with red leaves reaching upward beneath the canopy of the trees. I do not know what type of plant it is, but I like it. It is somewhat like a summertime poinsettia. With yesterday's Daily Photo theme of "bright colors," I thought I would carry the theme forward for another day or two.

The swimming pool and thatched roof swim-up bar and snack bar of the Diria Resort are barely visible through the vegetation in the distance.

This week we are showing photos of Burano, Italy, on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site. Burano is a fisherman's island near the mouth of the Venetian lagoon, with simple but brightly colored houses.

5 comments:

domino said...

These kind of plants you usually see in science fiction movies, it is like living on another planet.
And a swimming pool with a bar! Which is the best part of this picture (I imagine myself drinking a cocktail in the pool). And the sun is shining almost everyday.... What a life! What a life!

Sharon said...

A most unusual plant. Such a vibrant color!

Lois said...

They looks so pretty and I like the way the light is hitting them.

Judy said...

I'm with you, I like it. It kind of looks like red feathers sticking up out of a headdress. Wonder if that would grow here. No, probably not.

glenda said...

Such a pretty red color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...