Thursday, September 9, 2010

Parents, a baby and a lot of stuff

During the last few days I have shown some photos of small children on the beach. Here is another, this one of the two parents carrying a baby and the very large amount of stuff they took to the beach to accommodate the baby.

When I travel, it impresses me how parents of infants and small children these days carry so much stuff. Strollers, car seats, diaper bags, stuffed animals, toys, electronic games, etc.

When this mom and dad return from the beach to where ever they are staying, I think the baby, mom and dad will all be tired and ready for a nap.

We are showing photos of the birds, ridge and bats of Sydney, Australia this week on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

When we left Tortuguero we shared a boat to Puerto Limon with a Danish couple who were travelling for SIX MONTHS with two children, one of them was really small... and when I say travelling I mean in the most adventurous way which is totally different from staying all the time at a beach resort. Actually one of the kids got bitten by a spider monkey tied to a tree (awful sight!) somewhere on the canal where we stopped for a sandwich (there was nothing elese you could eat there! LOL!).

Kate said...

Ah, my children were born in simpler times; we didn't even have a backpack carrier for them. Strollers were the cadillacs of baby equipment. Thank goodness; it saved my back! The father's load is really pretty humorous.

Sharon said...

I got to thinking about all the traveling my parents did when we three girls were children. I don't remember them carrying all this stuff. Of course, some of that sfuff didn't exist back then. Also, they always traveled by car. They never took us on airplanes, trains or boats.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

It is great to see the family is going out to the beach even with all of that stuff.

Judy said...

It seems to take a lot of stuff to travel with little ones these days. This is a nice shot of the family.

glenda said...

Poor Dad. He looks like a pack animal. I hope they had a good time.

Anonymous said...

this is a picture of me, my daughter and my father, my daughters' Umpa. We had been on a long walk along the streets with the backpack, which has a shade canopy from the sun and it is comfortable on my back, and we met up with my dad later on the beach with his beach stuff. We love Tamarindo and the people down there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...