Thursday, October 28, 2010

Surfer; the end of the run

Yesterday Sharon of Phoenix Daily Photo left a comment expressing concern that the surfer in yesterday's photo might bump into the two women who were talking in the surf.

Sharon, to alleviate your (and perhaps others') concerns, I am showing this photo of the surfer at the end of his run. He managed to stay up riding his wave all the way to the beach, as you see in this photo.

It is a good thing that he kept his balance, as at the time of this photo he was surfing in water that is about ankle deep. He was able to step off the surfboard onto the sand at the end of his run. Most surfers end their run before this so that they can head back out more quickly to catch the next wave.

The sandy beach in the background is Playa Grande, the main nesting site for the endangered leatherback turtles.

This week we are showing photos of the red rock scenery of Sedona, Arizona on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

4 comments:

Lowell said...

When I was a wee lad, I did some surfing along the Southern California beaches...and every once-in-awhile, I'd come in standing. Great fun. Cool shot!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your surfer photos and wish I was joining them, or at least joining you watching them!


LONG MESSAGE: I'm quite frustrated; cannot access my email account, comment on any blogs that don't allow anonymous visitors, nor access my Visual St. Paul blog. Lost all my addresses. Fortunately I had scheduled posts 'til mid-November sometime (but can't add to them with an explanation) because of surgery. Don't have time to start a new email account nor blog, but I'll be back. If you care to contact me in the meantime, I can be reached with another acct., tho: myhearthandhome@gmail.com

Kate from Visual St. Paul.

Sharon said...

Phew...I'm so glad no one hurt in making your photo! :-)

CreditScoreExpert said...

Every surf pic I've seen of Tamarindo is some total begginer in waves that are less than a foot tall. I heard that the waves actually get good in Tamarindo. Why aren't there more photo's of people who actually know how to surf in waves that are actually worth taking photo's of? I thought Tamarindo was a surfing destination.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...