Monday, January 24, 2011

The village restaurant's white horse

The magnificent white horse in this photo belongs to the family that operates the restaurant that I showed during the last two days, and that has a boat for wildlife river trips.

I have mentioned before that Costa Ricans are proud of their agrarian roots. They have a stable for the horse in their back yard in the village, although here they have the horse out in front, by the road so the horse can watch life go by in the village.

This week we are showing photos of the architecture of the old town of Stockholm, Sweden on our Viva la Voyage travel photos site.

8 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

Tell your brother-in-law to stop horsing around! Ha!

Sharon said...

That horse really is a beauty!

Kate said...

Costa Ricans definitely are nice people!!

Jack said...

What a beautiful horse. I don't know anything about horses, but that one seems very small. Is that right? Is it young or is small size just part of the breed?

Judy said...

Enjoying a nice scratch, I see.

Caroline said...

Cute chap - the horse I mean.

Anonymous said...

White beauty! ;)

glenda said...

What a pretty horse. Same color as my dog Stella. I like the idea that they keep it in front so it can socialize with people passing by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...