Saturday, February 19, 2011

Surf's up

The waves consistently roll in on Langosta Beach, which makes it a very good surfing spot.

I don't know why, but people say that surfers like it when you can see the spray blowing up from the top of the curl of the waves just before they break. You can see that spray in this photo, which I took near our Langosta Beach condo.

On our Viva la Voyage travel photo site we this week are showing photos of a special place, the gardens of the Villa Melzi in Bellagio, Italy.

4 comments:

brattcat said...

Maybe some surfer will comment and let us know.

Anonymous said...

I looks exciting.

Sharon said...

I love to hear the waves crashing on the shore.

Anonymous said...

As a surfer,I can tell you that the wind blowing off the top of teh wave tells you that the wind is offshore, not onshore, that helps make the wave "face" flatter and more wedge like, translsates tt a smooth ride.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...