Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yikes! Jumping Crocodile.

Usually when you see crocodiles in the river, they are gliding smoothly and the blend in with the surface of the water, barely visible, such as the photos I showed a few days ago.

This crocodile took a lunge upward, giving us a nice view of his snout, jaw and teeth. Crocodiles can move very fast, especially in the water. I have gotten splattered by the mud of a crocodile rushing from the river bank into the water while I was photographing him.

The bite of a crocodile has more than ten times the pressure than the bite of a great white shark. I don't intend to test the difference.

This week we are showing photos of the Villa Melzi on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site. If you have not been to the shores of Lake Como in Bellagio, Italy, come take a visit by clicking on the link to our website.

8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

They sure are nice pets.

brattcat said...

I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille.

Kate said...

Echoing Jack's comment yesterday, you must have one powerful lens or you're living recklessly!

Sharon said...

I agree Dave. Not something I would want to test myslef.

Lowell said...

I have read of one river in Africa where crocs kill and eat over 600 people per year!

I'd stay clear!

Re your comment on Ocala DP: Those are Lois Anne's sandals. She really didn't need to take off her shoes, but the floors inside are very nice hardwood and she didn't want to scuff them up!

This house is across the street from our former house in Ocala.

Lois said...

You got some really great pictures of this croc! I'm glad it was you and not me though.

Leif Hagen said...

Is this an advertisement for Cologate toothpaste?

Jack said...

This croc is already seeing my butt as I run away as fast as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...