Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Surf fishing

The large volcanic rock in the surf below our condo is a fine perch for surf fishing during low or mid tide, but as the tide rolls in, the rock becomes covered by waves.

Several readers commented yesterday about the solitude of this spot. There is a question, however, whether the waves will let him enjoy this solitude. It seems OK now, but let's check up on him again after taking a short walk on the beach, which I will share with you in my photos during the coming days.

This week we have photos of the magnificent architecture of Chicago on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

5 comments:

Lowell said...

It is a great spot but I'm guessing when the tide rolls in and the wind blows it is not where one would want to be!

Kate said...

I've been thinking about your previous image since I saw it yesterday. If he fishes without a pole, I wonder what kind of line he uses. Gotta be hard on his hands!

Lois said...

He is braver than I am!

Sharon said...

I have to agree with Lois, although it is nice to watch this guy out on the rock, it isn't something I would do.

Jack said...

The lad has a great location. What's a little splashing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...