Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Vines climbing a wall

I liked the color and pattern of the vines climbing the wall in this photo.  I don't know why, but in Latin America people seem to select deeper and bolder colors for walls and houses.  I, for one, am glad that they do.  It adds to the beauty and distinctive character of the locale.

Behind this wall was one of the beachfront homes in Playa Langosta.

This week we are showing photos of the animals and people of Tanzania on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

There are some vines very similar to this on a wall near where I work. I love looking at the patterns they make.

Kate said...

We conservative people do not often use bold colors, which is too bad because they brighten the landscape!

Anonymous said...

The color contrasts are neat. I don't like the word verification though.

glenda said...

Beautiful contrasts in color!

Judy said...

I think I agree, the color adds something to the landscape if used in the right place. It sure makes this picture stand out!

Memphis MOJO said...

Glad I clicked to enlarge -- nice shot.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wonderful combination of colours Dave, well spotted.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic image! Well spotted, Dave.

So, Bhutan and Cambodia?! Now I envy you! :-) It must have been spectacular, right?

Cool story regarding your mother in law dish set! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...