Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Power washing

I noticed this worker doing a power wash on the parking lot of some shops across the street from our Langosta condo.

This may be leaping to a conclusion, but I think power washing parking lots is a sign that Costa Rica is advancing beyond what people would consider to be a typical developing country.  I have travelled in a lot in what people consider to be the "third world."  I don't think I have seen other people in developing countries power washing a parking lot.

This week we are showing photos of the ancient Khmer temples of Siem Reap, Cambodia, beginning with one of my favorite photos, on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

4 comments:

Kate said...

This could be both a good and bad sign; unfortunate that the country's special characteristics are giving way to newly introduced practices yet good in a way that special attention is given to cleanliness and appearances.

Sharon said...

Good observation here!

glenda said...

They are moving on.

Bob Crowe said...

I agree. We've been to Siem Reap, too. Can you imagine this happening there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...