Monday, July 8, 2013

Howler monkey crossing the street

I showed some photos of a howler monkey up on an electrical wire, so I thought I would show this photo of a howler monkey running across the street.

Kate of Visual St. Paul Daily Photo left a comment to my last howler monkey post asking if the are a nuisance like some of the monkeys in India.  Fortunately, they are not.  Howlers are shy and they stay away from people.

I know what Kate means about the monkeys in India.  Several of the hotels we stayed at had employees up on the roof to scare away the monkeys.

A problem photographing howlers is that they are very dark, and they are often positioned in front of a lighter background, such as the sky or, in this case, the crushed rocks and shells that for the surface of the road.

We have photos of the charming town of Adare, Ireland, posted on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site this week.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

They do tend to look like little shadows in some photographs.

Judy said...

I'm glad to hear that they don't harass people. That would be a bit scary.

glenda said...

Good eye to catch and photograph him on the ground.

Karl said...

Nice catch, perfect timing!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I was also wondering if they were a bit aggressive, but not so it seems. I find this problem sometimes when taking shots of the kangaroos Dave, I wonder if it's something to do with them being furry?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...