Monday, November 11, 2013

Perspective on a fern leaf

I like photos using angles such as this, although this is not a particularly good example.  I took this photo with a semi-automatic camera at an extreme zoom, so the depth of field was compressed.  

Typically it is preferable to focus on the foreground when depth of field will be limited, which I did, but I think having the center of the photo out of focus is distracting.  I should experiment more.

This week we have photos of some examples of the extensive, high quality street art of Valparaiso, Chile, posted on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Experimenting can be both rewarding and frustrating.

Judy said...

Depth of field can be an interesting problem. But ferns make a good place to experiment.

Sharon said...

I kind of like it this way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...