Friday, February 21, 2014

Pet Store SIgn

Continuing on my walk in suburban San Jose, I noticed this sign in front of a pet store.

Pets are popular in Costa Rica.  In fact, the government has a campaign underway to discourage people from keeping exotic or non traditional pets.  Cats and dogs are fine, but because there is so much wildlife in Costa Rica, some people keep monkeys, sloths, or other animals in their yards.  The government's campaign to discourage keeping animals in captivity has even gone so far as to threaten to close the zoos.

This week we have photos of the giant tortoises of the Galapagos Islands posted on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

You have been finding some interesting things to note on this walk.

Lowell said...

I love animals but I'll be darned if I let a sign make me pet a store!

Kate said...

Protecting animals is a very good move.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...