Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Plaza Conchal shopping center

This is the Plaza Conchal shopping center in the the center of Tamarindo. The center includes 2 banks, an art gallery, about 4 or 5 souvenir shops, an internet parlor, a store than can send out Fed Ex packages, and professional offices upstairs for attorneys, etc.

The Bank of Costa Rica in the far end of this shopping center is an important stop for visitors to the area. Visitors can pay the $28 USD airport departure tax at the bank, thereby avoiding a possible line at the airport when leaving the country.

The sign in the middle of the photo asks people to use the walkways rather than walking on the grass. One nice, artistic local touch is that above each archway and just below the balconies are paintings of Costa Rican wildlife. Those paintings are not very visible in this photo, so I will show some of those in upcoming posts.

I realize that this photo is not as visually appealing as the scenes that I normally show of wildlife, the beach, ocean or tropical plants, but for balance and perspective I felt it was time to show another photo of the town and shops in Tamarindo.

7 comments:

Judy said...

This place looks very inviting.

Anonymous said...

good place!! We offer printable coupons for thousands of local shops in your city including grocery, clothes, foods, hair salons, electronic and much more.

Sharon said...

This is very familiar to me. I shopped here and used the internet business.

anngray said...

Four years ago I purchased Mohs shirts in a great shop in Plaza Conchal. I cannot find more Mohs shirts anywhere. Could someone contact me (agraymo@gmail.com) if you know the name of the shop or how I could get shirts sent to the US. Mohs does not market in the states.

anngray said...

Me again. Does anyone know the name of the shop I referred to in previous post? Someone I know is going to Tamarindo and I'd love to give her directions to the shop, complete with name. I do hope it is still there.

anngray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

Also visit my site: raspberry ketone diet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...