Friday, July 3, 2009

Anatomy of a surfing wipe out


After showing yesterday's photo of an empty surfboard, I thought I would show a few earlier photos of the same surfer in the moments before his fall.  In the top photo he seems to be doing fine.  In the second photo, however, he is leaning too far into the wave and is catching extra water that is splashing up and obscuring the view of him.  Tomorrow I will show you what happens next.  

Obviously to get such a rapid sequence of a surfer falling I used the continuous shooting mode on my camera.  I was not hoping to catch a wipe out, of course, as I would wish a long and successful ride for every surfer on every wave.

I took these photos on Langosta beach, just behind our condo.  A person from Texas who rented our condo earlier this month sent me an email after his stay and said he wants to come back if it is not rented for awhile and stay there and work using the internet an the USA phone line while taking advantage of what he called "epic surfing." 

7 comments:

brattcat said...

Terrific shots.

Irredento Urbanita said...

Nice photoblog. In my country Tamarindo is also a fruit. In yours is the same?

Regards

Valery

Barcelona Daily Photo


Trujillo Daily Photo

Sharon said...

I love the surfing photos! Great shots.

henny said...

Epic Surfing? Wish I could try it someday. You surf, too? Keep the continuous shooting mode, can't wait for tomorrow :).

Judy said...

Very cool, dude. Oh, I guess that's a little dated, I'm not up on the new surfer jargon.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Irrendento Urbanita,
Yes, tamarindo is a fruit in Costa Rica also. It is also a fruit in Mexico, as I know that grocery stores in Phoenix, Arizona, that cater to a Latino clientele carry tamarindos.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

i like the first shot. surf's up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...