Sunday, January 4, 2009

Crocodile, up close and personal

This crocodile was in the wild. He was not in a fenced in enclosure in a wildlife park or zoo. To get a photo this close and at this angle, the driver of a wildlife viewing boat excursion on the Tempisque River at Palo Verde National Park beached the boat for a few minutes so we could watch the crocodile. After a few minutes, he scampered down to the river to swim off, and I got this photo looking down at him from a rather close up perspective. Another photo I will post in the future will be a picture of crocodile who was so cloe that he splatttered mud on my shirt as he scampered into the water.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

That might be a little too close for comfort for me. He looks a bit sinister.

Judy said...

Good close up. He might be saying, "come closer, I love people. I eat them every chance I get".

Anonymous said...

We can through on a Panama Canal cruise and wanted to see one of these guys so bad. Thanks for the picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...