Saturday, October 24, 2009

Is the crocodile moving in for the kill?

As we watched the crocodile lurking in the underbrush along the muddy river bank, the crocodile slowly slithered through the mud towards the heron.

I felt like I was watching one of the episodes of the old television program Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Where was the voice of Marlin Perkins calling to Jim Fowler, 'The heron could make a tasty lunch for the ravenous appetite of the relentless predator crocodile, whose sharp teeth and gaping mouth would devour the bird in one lightening quick strike."

Did the bird see the crocodile? Should we interfere with mother nature and shout at the heron to alert her to the danger? Answers tomorrow.

7 comments:

brattcat said...

I can hear the music from "Jaws" playing in my brain. Arghh! The tension is killing me, Dave.

glenda said...

My word someone should warn the bird. (my attempt at poetry)

Sharon said...

I'll be back tomorrow to see what happens, but I must say I haven't thought of Marlin Perkins in many years.

Judy said...

GASP!

Unknown said...

I know we are not supposed to interfere with nature... In the african parks we are simply not allowed to, which sometimes is rather difficult having some situations going on right in front of us! Looking forward reading your answer tomorrow! :-)

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

i will hop the bird gets away.

Jilly said...

My God, Dave. This series is nail biting and you are playing with us! I feel sure you warned the heron but you can be sure I'll be back tomorrow to find out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...