Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Waiting for a wave

While waiting for the next wave, why not fix your hair? It will stay in place and look nice until the next wave comes.

I walked out and took this series of photos of the surfing lesson in the calm part of Tamarindo Bay, which is partially sheltered from the larger ocean waves by an off shore volcanic reef.

As I mentioned, I am not a surfer. In fact, I have never been on a surf board. I used to snow ski (and took 29 stitches in my head from a skiing accident). I imagine waiting on a wave for a surfer is like waiting for a lift line or riding up the ski lift for a skier, except the next wave comes a lot more quickly. In Tamarindo and Playa Langosta, the waves usually roll in one right after another, with barely the time to fix one's hair.

5 comments:

brattcat said...

I image that hair was being restrained so it didn't get in the eyes when the next wave roared in.

Sharon said...

Good grooming is essential.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

nice perspective. And you cannot surf with hair in one's eyes!

Judy said...

Got to look good on that wave because there's that guy out there with the camera!

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

I like your comparison to skiing. In both sports you need a lift, and then it is all about you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...