Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Yoga overlooking the beach

There is a house on the south end of Tamarindo Beach that has a sign advertising that it is a spot for yoga. I have seen the sign for the same house on the road that runs from Tamarindo to Langosta, near the Capitan Suizo Resort. I took this photo from the beach. It looks like a nice setting for yoga.

My mother-in-law does yoga whenever she can, which is not as often as she would like because she cares for her mother, who lives with her. My wife does yoga occasionally, usually when we are on vacation.

I have done yoga once. My wife assured me that there would be men there and I would not feel out of place. Well, there was a room full of 20 - 30 women and no men, and they were all a lot better than me, as I have an old tennis injury that prevents me from standing on my left leg.

The only part of yoga I could do well was when they told us to lie down and relax. This session was after a long day at work, and I fell asleep. My wife was mortified and utterly unpersuaded by my protestations that the instructor said to relax, and that is exactly what I did. She has never again asked me to go to yoga with her.

On our travel photo site, Viva la Voyage. we are showing some photos of the holiday season in Vienna, Austria. We hope you find them of interest.

7 comments:

Kate said...

You and I would be good yoga partners. Never have been able to appreciate an activity that others seem to adore and from which they receive huge physical benefits.

The house looks inviting, but the activity...???

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

such a pleasant spot for yoga. anytime you can do yoga while seeing and hearing the waves on the beach is a wonderful day

Judy said...

That was a funny tale about your yoga class! It does look like a perfect spot for it though.

glenda said...

This does look like a great place for a relaxing yoga class. You should be proud of your ability to relax to the point of sleep. This is really difficult for some to get into the relaxed mode.

magiceye said...

wonderful place for anything!!

yoga for beginners said...

The place is really suitable to a person who really wants to feel at peace. Enjoy being healthy with learning yoga. :)

Cooper Heyes said...

Haha, well, relaxation like that is a great way to end a session of hard work. Perhaps doing yoga solo would be much better for you. Doing it alone can help pace you, and soon enough, you can be comfortable doing it in a crowd. After all, in the end, one of the aims of yoga is to be comfortable with the practice, even when you're among a crowd.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...