Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mouth of the Langosta Estuary

When started this hike south along Playa Langosta, I mentioned that we waded across the mouth of the Langosta Estuary. We were not paying attention however, and during our long walk the tide had risen quite a lot.

As you can see in this photo, there was a lot more water at the mouth of the Langosta Estuary upon our return. We had to cross the mouth of the estuary again to return to our condo.

I will show you how we did it in my upcoming posts. My wife chose a different method that I did.

This week we are showing photos of Portugal on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

4 comments:

brattcat said...

Is the tide ever high enough to make the crossing dangerous?

Sharon said...

I wonder if it involved getting wet.

glenda said...

I would think it could be dangerous crossing when the tide is up. I'm sure it would knock you off your feet.

Judy said...

Uh-oh....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...