Thursday, June 17, 2010

Driveway

I drove up the peninsula shown in yesterday's photo to try to take a look at the houses. The road did not go all the way to the houses, however. This is the driveway that extended up the hill to the houses near the top. I did not drive up it because I did not want to intrude on the privacy of the homes.

Of course in Costa Rica there will never be a problem having to drive up such a steep driveway in the snow or ice. There is a maintenance issue to make sure that there is no erosion on the uphill slope. I guess that is a small price to pay for the benefit of a view.

If you have not done so already, I respectfully recommend that you check out the photos of Varenna, Italy that we have posted on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site. Varenna is located on the eastern shore of Lake Como, an Alpine lake north of Milan. I think Lake Como is one of the most beautiful spots on earth.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

This makes me want to know what's around that turn.

brattcat said...

I, like Sharon, am curious about what waits around the bend.

glenda said...

They have made sure of their privacy with the way you approach the house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...