Friday, July 2, 2010

Lost Dog

I received an email from a woman who lives in Playa Grande who has lost her dog. Here are two photos of her dog that she sent to me. She said that she likes to read this Daily Photo blog and asked if I had seen her dog in Tamarindo, which is across the estuary from Playa Grande.

I am in Scottsdale right now at my permanent home and will not be back in Tamarindo until next week, so I am not in a position to help her find her dog in Tamarindo, but I thought that perhaps I could help her by posting the photos that she sent to me. If any reader of this blog in Tamarindo sees this dog, please email me (my email link can be found in my profile in the margin of this website), and I will put you in touch with the dog's owner.

A lost dog would be a very distressing event, and this dog is obviously loved and well cared for. I know that many Daily Photo blogers and readers are dog lovers, some of them incredibly so such as Jilly, Kate, Glenda, and my wife, Julie. (Julie will stop and help any dog that appears in distress in the Arizona heat. She rescued two kittens and cared for them for 20 years even though she is allergic to cats and they made her skin break out in welts.)
I trust you will not mind my departure from the typical photos I post to try to help find this beautiful dog.

If you have not checked out the photos of the architecture of Spain this week on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

6 comments:

brattcat said...

Please let us know the outcome of this story when you know it, Dave. Best of luck to the family in finding their beloved pet. Good for you for finding a way to help, even from such a great distance.

Sharon said...

Oh...I so hope someone finds this lovely dog and returns it to it's loving home.

Judy said...

I can only imagine the heartbreak that the dogs mistress is going through. Let us all hope for the safe return of this beautiful friend.

Lowell said...

I think this is a wonderful post and I hope it helps locate this beautiful animal! Losing a pet like that is to lose part of one's family.

Unknown said...

I really hope this works, David! It's always so sad when a pet gets lost...

Now you made me think of a dog that has literally adopted us when we were spending some days at Cocles (Puerto Viejo) on the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica. She went everywhere with us and even slept at the door of our bungallow, but she 'knew' when we were leaving and just left the same day. It was amazing!

Jilly said...

Whata beautiful dog, those wonderful soft gentle eyes. Oh I do so hope someone finds the dog. Do let us know, won't you? So very sorry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...