Friday, November 19, 2010

Housing entrance statuary

This photo is the left half of the housing development entrance statuary that I showed the last two days. Yesterday, I mentioned the lack of authentic pre-Columbian structures and statues. There is a notable exception, however.

In Costa Rica there are large stones that were rounded into large, granite spheres between 400 - 1,000 A.D. There is an example of one at the entrance to the international airport in Liberia. I will stop and take a photo of it some time. Movie fans may remember the large, round stone spheres from the opening scene of the first Indiana Jones movie.

As I mentioned a few days ago, housing development entrances such as this give the impression that the developer has a lot of money and therefore will be able to finish the project. Unfortunately, in today's down economy in the USA, that is not always the case, as I will show in the days ahead.

We are showing photos of the architecture of Budapest, Hungary, one of Europe's magnificent capitol cities, this week on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

This entrance is very impressive and beautiful.

Jack said...

I certainly can't comment on authenticity, but the effect of these statues is impressive. They catch my eye.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...