Thursday, December 2, 2010

Surfer

Here is the young woman I showed yesterday waiting for a wave. She did indeed get up and ride the waves.

I took this photo in the calmer, southern half of Tamarindo beach. The waves are bigger in the northern half of the beach, in the direction shown in this photo.

Several people yesterday commented about the angle of the photo and the appearance that the surfer was higher than the photographer. I took these photos with a little waterproof camera. I walked out into the surf to get some photos of surfers, rather than taking photos with a telephoto shooting from the beach into the afternoon sun.

This week we are showing photos of the Amazon and Nazca Lines in Peru on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

4 comments:

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

Surf's up

Judy said...

I was pretty sure she would make it but had to check it out anyway.

Your comment on my blog cracked me up. I didn't know that lawyers roared but you would know these things. I wonder how many of the defendants think they are going to be fed to the lions.

Anonymous said...

Balance - probably the most difficult mean of movement, yet the most successful.

Please have you all a good Friday.

daily athens

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how they can stand up on something like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...