Friday, December 31, 2010

Youth looking forward to the new year

Tomorrow starts the new year, so I thought I would show a photo of a young villager. His subtle smile shows the confident optimism of youth. He has a lifetime of experiences to look forward to achieving and enjoying.

I hope that 2011 gives him, and all readers of this blog, reasons to smile just as this boy is doing in this photo.
I took this photo in the village that I have been showing for the past week or so. In fact, I took this photo just a few moments before the cattle came rumbling up the main street of the town.

As you can see, I also took the photo just after the child had enjoyed a snack, but a moment before he wiped his mouth and chin.

We are showing photos of the holidays in Santa Fe, New Mexico this week on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

5 comments:

brattcat said...

beautiful boy.

Sharon said...

A handsome boy! Happy New Year to him and to you!

Birdman said...

This takes me back to innocent times. Let them all enjoy those days! HNY 2011!

Judy said...

Very cute too!
Happy New Year!

Sharon Creech said...

Cute, cute. Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...