Thursday, March 10, 2011

River scene

This scene of a meandering river about a half hour from Tamarindo is fairly typical of the surrounding countryside. But there is more to this photo than a river. The story of what is going on in this river illustrates that Costa Rica is still a developing country.

As regular readers of this website know, I like to string things along, day by day, in serial fashion.

We are showing the spectacular scenery of Torres del Paine National Park in Patagonia, near the southern tip of Chile on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site this week.


7 comments:

brattcat said...

I look forward to watching this story unfold.

Kate said...

I adore rivers and love living near the Mississippi. I think that I would love this one too, IF it isn't polluted. I wonder what you will add to the information on this one. I'll be back!!

Sharon said...

It will be interesting to see what we learn next.

Judy said...

Hmmmm...what could it be. I'll just have to wait. I see some people and oxen in the water, trying to cross?

cieldequimper said...

It's a lovely scene. Hopefully the trees stay there.

Anonymous said...

With that much green around, there must be much hope left. Please have a good Friday you all.


daily athens

Jack said...

I see some people and some cattle or oxen in the water. Just guessing that they will have something to do with the upcoming story . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...