Friday, July 15, 2011

Langosta Estuary flows into the sea

Playa Langosta is bordered on the south by the Langosta estuary. This photo shows the spot where the Langosta estuary flows into the sea, at low tide. The waves in the distance are the ocean surf landing on Langosta beach. On the far side of the reflection in the estuary water are the ripples of the estuary flowing into the ocean.

I took this photo about a week ago, and we had glorious sunshine and majestic, puffy clouds like you see reflected here each day of our latest visit of about 10 days in our Langosta condo.

We are showing photos of Chicago this week on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful photo of the Langosta Estuary. The clouds gives it another dimension.

In reply to your comment on my blog about RAW files...

Reply to Dave...

I have large hard drives on both computers and I also have external hard drives that are large ones for each computer.

When I first started to take photos I used to save everything and ended up with 87,000 photos.

Each shot on a specific day and the whole day's shooting was saved with maybe three or four great photos in the group.

I don't do that anymore. I take a group of RAW or RAW + jpg or just jpg shots and toss those that have minor imperfections and only save those that are perfect enough to suit my tastes.

brattcat said...

What a wonderful shot, so satisfying in its symmetry, to delightful in the exceptions to that symmetry.

London Caller said...

I miss the blue sea so much!

Kate said...

Dave, your comment on my blog today made me laugh; it's always a pleasure to hear from you.

Your photos always make me a bit envious...such a delightful environment! Sigh!

Sharon said...

Such a wondderful sunny day. The water reflection is great.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

I really like the reflection in this photo

Lois said...

The reflections are wonderful!

Jack said...

Now, this looks like a very nearly perfect day, Dave. Enjoy your weekend.

Unknown said...

These are beautiful reflections. Great shot, Dave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...