Saturday, July 9, 2011

Volcanic reef

A few days ago I showed a photo of the reef of volcanic rock that is exposed at San Francisco Point at low tide. The texture, color and patterns of the surface vary in this area.

This photo is a small sample of the walking surface that allows us to walk at water level around the point that divides Tamarindo Beach from Playa Langosta. At high tide, the waves crash over this point and it is necessary to take a short trail to bypass the point.


We are showing photos of Chicago this week on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

8 comments:

brattcat said...

this image is awe-inspiring. thanks, dave.

Sharon said...

I remember there being a lot of volcanic reefs in that area.

Leif Hagen said...

I want to rub my toes on that volcanic rock!

BTW, I couldn't get into comments on both Julie's Scottsdale CDP blog AND you Viva la Voyage blog! Weird - I can't figure out why??? Please greet Julie from me since she can't get comments from me....

Judy said...

Volcanic pavement? Wonderful image!

Unknown said...

Great shapes and textures. Well spotted, Dave.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Beautiful and unusual sight; at least around our part of the world.

Darryl and Ruth :)

Jack said...

Excuse me for a moment, Dave. I'm going to get my sandals.

Brooke said...

Reliable services shipping to costa rica from north America.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...