Friday, October 28, 2011

Kitchen still life

Kitchens are perhaps the most common source of still life paintings, so here is a Costa Rican ranch photographic version of a kitchen still life. The ranch has a variety of livestock and poultry, and there is a variety of eggs in this bowl on a kitchen counter.

Tomorrow, we will take a look at the outdoor kitchen.

This week we have photos of the Atacama Desert of Chile on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site. If you have not been there, it is worth a visit to our website to see unique, colorful landscape.

8 comments:

Lowell said...

Well, you did good on the photograph, now where's your still-life painting?

There is certainly a variety of eggs there ... I wonder if they eat them all?

Kate said...

The small blue egg reminds me of giant jaw breakers. Interesting how the sizes vary for the different species. Lowell is right...when will we see the painting?!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Some interesting looking eggs there Dave, wonder what animal the smaller ones come from and are they all edible?
The Queen is here to open CHOGM in Perth this week, we are bursting at the seams with 'heads of government' here to discuss the problems in the Commonwealth and other countries, hopefully some solutions will come out of it.

cieldequimper said...

Halloween medication, lol!

It is a nice still-life, I wonder what a painter would make of it...

Virginia said...

I love to photograph eggs too!!! Thanks for following my B'ham blog. BTW, Think I've seen you on some French blogs, I have a Paris one as well. Vive la France. :)

I'd love to visit CR some day. I always taught a huge rainforest unit to my third graders.
V

Unknown said...

The different eggs look great in the bowl. This surely is a very nice kitchen image.

Sharon said...

I like this little still life shot!

Judy said...

A bowl of eggs and a blister pack of pills. Hmmmm......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...