Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ranch Kitchen

This is part of the kitchen of the ranch house. The sink is on the left, the kitchen table on the right, and there is a refrigerator to the right, not visible in the photo. Pablo is pouring some tea.

The area for cooking is on the outside, through the door in the corner behind Pablo, which keeps the kitchen cooler. I will show it in a few days.

This week we have photos of the Atacama Desert of Chile on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site. If you have not been there, it is worth a visit to our website to see unique, colorful landscape.

10 comments:

Lowell said...

One wouldn't find that kind of kitchen here in Ocala ... I don't think. Reminds me of colonial times when kitchens were built apart from the main house because kitchens were always catching on fire and one did not want to burn down the main house!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Very rustic looking kitchen Dave, but if it does the job that's all that matters hey!! Lots of great ventilation spots!!

Sharon said...

It looks like there is a lot of ventilation in this kitchen.

Jack said...

Remember my "prosperous" comment from a few days ago? I want a do over?

Judy said...

Very rustic!

Anonymous said...

Great reminder, that it is the inside that counts.

Please have you all a good Thursday.


daily athens photo

glenda said...

Wonder if a little rain could come through. Rustic and workable I'll bet.

Kate said...

I've seen that kind of equipment and set up in some homes in El Salvador and Guatemala. Although my own needs to be updated, I think I'm happy with what I've got! It's interesting tho what delicious meals can come out of these humble places.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Dave I just LOVE this series about the ranch. The kitchen, the smoke room and smoke cheese, this is fascinating. Thank you so much for taking us away from the beach for once.

Tash said...

Suberb series. national Geographic take note! This is my most favorite photo of all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...