Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Langosta Beach

The cool ocean breeze and soothing sound of the waves endlessly rolling in on Langosta Beach are timeless. Please indulge me in this moment of personal reflection as I have just returned from the joy of my older son's wedding to his smart, witty and lovely bride.

My son lives in Argentina and his wife is Argentine. They chose a Caribbean island for their wedding last week, one stop on a cruise. There was a small reception following the wedding on a picturesque beach, then a dinner back on the cruise ship, and then two days later the official reception occurred in one of the night clubs on the ship, which they had reserved for the family and friends who joined them for the cruise.

My new daughter-in-law's family deserves a lot of credit for planning festivities for an extraordinarily memorable wedding. The cruise provided an ideal setting for the two families to spend time with each other in a relaxing environment.

The bride's sister and her husband put together a video to show at the reception that was masterful. They assembled childhood photos of my son and his bride, growing up on different continents, in different cultures, speaking different languages, yet having parallel childhood experiences. A photo of one youngster in a childhood activity was followed by the other child engaged in a similar activity. It was a masterful and heartwarming depiction of the universality of childhood and human nature when nurtured by loving families.

One lapse of planning, however, was that my son asked if he could use our condo for the honeymoon, but both of my condos had previously been rented and were not available.
My absence for the wedding is responsible for my inability to respond to comments that readers have left for the last two weeks, for which I apologize. is a view south down Langosta Beach from the area of our condo that I showed in my post yesterday.

We have photos of the Atacama Desert of northern Chile on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site this week. It is an amazing, colorful, barren landscape.

6 comments:

brattcat said...

best wishes to your son and his new wife.

Sharon said...

Sounds like the wedding was a beautiful event. I followed a few pictures on facebook that Taylor posted. The bride and groom looked wonderfully happy on that beautiful beach!

Judy said...

What a wonderful and exciting wedding that must have been! Congrats to the happy couple.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful wedding Dave, my son got married this month too in Sydney, was excellent! Hope they still had a great honeymoon.

glenda said...

What a grand wedding, the memories will certainly be long lasting. Congratulations to Taylor and Annabella! Beautiful beach shot by the way.

Jilly said...

What a stunning photograph and how good to read of your son's marriage. Long life and happines and loads of great times to your son and his wife.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...