Saturday, December 31, 2011

Costa Rican Cigars

This is a photo of cigars on sale at the duty free shop in the Liberia airport. There are street vendors in Tamarindo who sell cigars, which I assume are Cuban cigars, as they are available throughout Latin America but not the USA.

I assume that these are Costa Rican cigars, as it would make no sense to sell Cuban cigars at an airport where almost all the flights go to the USA, where Cuban cigars are illegal. I don't smoke, so I have never tried one.

This week we are showing photos of San Pedro de Atacama, the main town in the Atacama desert of northern Chile on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

8 comments:

Filip said...

I don't smoke but when I was in Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Columbia, I alwaysenjoyed the cigar boxes and rolling.

Greetings,
Filip

Kate said...

I'm sure that any cigar smoker would welcome a chance to try these out. Good that you do not smoke, Dave; it's such a dirty habit, altho I do not mind the smell of cigars; it reminds me of my father.

I wish you a happy and prosperous New Year, filled with all that is good! You have been a good and faithful blogger friend!

Lowell said...

I like thin cigars. But gave up smoking some time ago.

Best wishes to you and your family for a happy and healthy New Year!

Judy said...

My Grandfather would smoke a cigar from time to time and the best part it that he would give us girls the cigar boxes. There is so much you can do with a cigar box when you are a kid! These boxes look like they could be made of wood.
Happy New Year!

Sharon said...

I wonder how many they sell. Looking forward to our fun New Year's eve party tonight.

Jack said...

I don't smoke either, but I do like the boxes and the labels. Have fun at your party tonight. See you next year.

glenda said...

Neat looking boxes. I must confess I did bring my son some cigars from Costa Rica. Hand-cuff me now1

Kalyan said...

Just beautiful...

Warm wishes for a happy & fun-filled New Year...
Seasons Greetings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...