Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Langosta Beach and Hacienda Pinilla

This is the southern end of Playa Langosta.  This woman is evidently covering up for protection from the sun.  Or maybe it is simply for fashion.

You can see a long stretch of sandy beach across the mouth of the Langosta estuary, with some people riding horses on the beach in the distance.

The portion of Langosta beach that you see in this photo can be reached by wading across the estuary mouth, but if you want to drive there by  car, it will take about 20 minutes, and you will have to talk your way past the security guard at the gate of the 5,000-acre master planned Hacienda Pinilla project, home to several resorts, including the J. W. Marriott Guanacaste Resort.

We have photos of Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site this week.

6 comments:

Kate said...

After all this time following your blog, I finally looked up langosta. Are there lots of spiny lobsters in your area or is that part of history? The girls (women?) in your photo look like they are ready for a day on the beach. I love the color of the shawl.

Unknown said...

I just returned from Costa Rica, the beaches there are beautiful. We stayed in Jaco beach , which was so beautiful. The whole trip overall was a great experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to travel there.

Sharon said...

It's a good idea to get some protection from the sun. I hope that's what she's doing.

Judy said...

Maybe she's hiding from the camera!
I guess I would have to wade over because I'm not good at talking my way around security guards.

Bob Crowe said...

You know, from the thumbnail, she looked like she was wearing a Spiderman outfit. But having had a brush with melanoma, I'm very careful about the sun, too.

Memphis MOJO said...

Did you see this?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...