Thursday, August 9, 2012

Looking down the bamboo shoots

This is a a view down the talk of the bamboo stalks that I showed yesterday.

I once bought a house in Arlington, Virginia in the winter.  I did not realize that when spring occurred, the neighbor's bamboo trees would send up shoots throughout my back yard.
I would spend all summer cutting bamboo shoots that emerged from the grass like spears.

This week we are showing photos of the temples of Siem Reap, Cambodia, on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

13 comments:

brattcat said...

now i understand why you've got such an interesting "perspective" on bamboo.

Sharon said...

I didn't know bamboo would do that. They must have a strong and very long root system.

glenda said...

Great shot. Sounds like bamboo can be a pesky plant.

Judy said...

Another artistic shot!

Karl said...

Interesting angle, very nice shot.

Memphis MOJO said...

I think I'd have to have a talk with my neighbor.

Lois said...

Nice angle! Bamboo can be very troublesome once it gets started.

Anonymous said...

I once used what I thought were dry bamboo stalks for bean support....the stalks sprouted.

Louis

Jack said...

This perspective is unusual. Good one, Dave.

Bob Crowe said...

Great POV. How'd you get up there?

Neither of us are real estate counsel but wouldn't that be tresspass?

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Good shots of the bamboo. We have it around here also. It makes a great buffer between the historic settings and modern life.

Darryl and Ruth :)

Unknown said...

What a fantastic perspective! Great shot, Dave.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love the angle you've taken here Dave, amazing to see those little green shoots popping up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...