Friday, October 19, 2012

Look, Ma, No Hands

This zip liner demonstrated that she was flying through the trees with no hands.  Maintaining some contact with the cable with the thick leather gloves that they give you while zip lining is advisable because the gloves are also the method of slowing down as you approach the landing platform.

If you apply friction to the cable with the gloves too soon or too firmly, however, you will stop before reaching the other platform and will have to pull yourself along the cable.  That does not happen often, nor for very far, as most people would rather come in a little fast and let the attendant catch you than pull yourself along the line.

We are showing photos of the main temple complex of Bangkok, Thailand on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site this week.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Amen to that! I would much rather come in a little fast than be hanging out there. A big thanks to Julie for doing this with me. I've scratched it off the bucket list and won't need to do it again. :-)

Memphis MOJO said...

I did this in Mexico. Even though I don't like heights, it was fun!

Judy said...

I don't think I would do this. Sharon did so I don't have to.

Jack said...

Oh no, not for me! Dave, you are such a thrill seeker.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...