Saturday, March 23, 2013

Surfboard inventory

This is another photo from Kelly's Surf Shop.  It must be a challenge to move to Tamarindo, acquire a place for a business, acquire the funds to build up an inventory, and do business in the midst of the competition of about 20 other surf shops.

I like Kelly.  I don't surf, but I have bought some t-shirts and water shirts from him.  The water shirts prevent sunburn while swimming or snorkeling.

Kelly arranges surfing tours for guests, and he sometimes places those guests in my condo. Here is a link to the website for Kelly's Surf Shop.  The banner says "Live the Dream."  I guess that is what he is doing.

We have photos of street scenes and people of Grenada, Nicaragua posted this week on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

8 comments:

Lowell said...

Kelly sounds like a nice person and it appears you have a nice reciprocal relationship with him! Living the dream is right!

I wonder if those water shirts would work on the golf course as well - to keep away the sunburn?

Sharon said...

It takes some courage to pack up and move to another country. It looks like the dream has worked out well for him.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Tamarindo sounds like a very nice place Dave, lovely that you all work together.

Judy said...

That's a lot of surf boards.

glenda said...

Wow! That's a lot of surf boards ready for the water!

Memphis MOJO said...

Kelly has more nerve than I do, so good luck to him.

Bob Crowe said...

Nice shot. If I didn't know what they were I would have guessed some kind of data storage units.

Kate said...

It looks like a quite extensive inventory of boards. Hope that means he is economically successful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...