Saturday, August 10, 2013

Surfer with a long board

This surfer has a long board, and a water shirt from the Banana Surf School, which is one of the many surf schools that offer lessons and rent boards in Tamarindo.

From what I understand, and I have never tried surfing, long boards are easier to get up on and catch a wave than short boards because they are more stable.

This is the opposite of what I would expect based on my experience snow skiing.  Long skis are more difficult to maneuver, but are faster.

This week we are showing photos from Waterford, Ireland, the home of Waterford Crystal, on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

5 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Maybe you should take a surfing lesson one day!

Kate said...

If I were surfing my board would have to be very, very long.

Sharon said...

Long or short, I'll just watch from the beach.

Judy said...

Surfing is a spectator sport for me.

glenda said...

I'm wondering how heavy that long board is. I guess if I'm thinking about that I'm not ready to use it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...