Monday, March 10, 2014

What a difference 10 minutes makes

I walked around taking photos of the monuments in the cemetery for a few minutes, including the photograph at left.

Then, after a few minutes the late afternoon sun broke through the clouds and cast a golden light on the cemetery.

I quickly walked around the cemetery and took another set of photos of the same scenes that I had already photographed, but in better light.

The second photo below was amen exactly 10 minutes after the first photo.  What a difference the light conditions can make just a few minutes apart.

Tomorrow I will show an even more dramatic illustration of the difference in lighting conditions.

This week we are showing photos of the people of the Sepik River, Papua New Guinea on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

6 comments:

Kate said...

The sky with the roiling dark clouds with the peek-a-boo blue patch is very dramatic.

Kate said...

My former comment is for yesterday's post. Sorry! I like the fact that you posted the contrasting photos on this post because it emphasizes the importance of light.

Sharon said...

What a difference a few minutes can make.
For the past three Fridays I've planned on taking a drive to a place in Florence to take some photos and for the past three Fridays we've had cloudy skies. I just didn't think that would make the best backdrop for the photos so I guess I'll try again this Friday.

Judy said...

That is a big change in the photo and all due to the lighting! Interesting post!

glenda said...

Quite a difference. I'm not a photographer but appreciate the importance of light when taking photos.

Jack said...

Your point has been made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...