Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lunch at El Balcon de Marisco

After showing a person fishing yesterday, I thought I would show a seafood restaurant today.   The top photo is the stitching on the placemat El Balcon del Marisco.  The second photo is the seafood paella I had for lunch, before they mixed it up and served it on my plate at table side.

The third photo was taken by the waiter and shows my two sons and me in the restaurant.

El Balcon del Marisco translates as "the balcony of the sea."  I suspect that is an idiom in Spanish, although it could be a reference to the location of the restaurant on a balcony over the water feature of the Garden Plaza Shopping Center.  The shopping center is located on the outskirts of town and is anchored by the Auto Mercado supermarket, which is comparable to supermarkets in the USA.

It is good to start a visit in Tamarindo by sleeping in late, having a refreshing seafood lunch, and stocking up on groceries for the week.

3 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

Everyone looks quite content! Delicious food, beautiful resort - who wouldn't be happy?!

brattcat said...

Sleeping late and having a delicious lunch sounds like a good way to begin every day. Yummm.

Sharon said...

This looks like a group of very content diners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...