Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wave

Here is a side view of a wave that is heading towards Langosta beach. I took the photos of the surfer that I showed the last few day from shore, using a telephoto. I wanted to try some closer angles so I walked out into the surf with a little point and shoot waterproof camera.

I would rate the results of my little in-the-surf photo shoot as rather mixed. It did provide some different angles and perspectives on the waves not obtainable from land. Some of the photos were disappointing, however. One of the problems is that as I was being pulled, pushed or tossed around by a wave, as I was when taking this photo, it is impossible to hold the cameral still.

Today is Sunday, so we are showing new photos on our travel photo site, Viva la Voyage. This week we are showing some from Merida, the largest city in the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, which has retained some of its Spanish colonial charm and has a museum that showcases the Mayan civilization that preceded the Spanish conquest.

9 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I think you did a good job,shooting from the water is very hard.

glenda said...

Great shot Dave! I was hoping you might jump on one of those boards and get a shot from that angle.

cieldequimper said...

It looks much worse than it really was if you were standing there. Still, it's an excellent shot!

brattcat said...

This is an excellent shot, Dave.

Unknown said...

This is amazing, David! You've captured the wave from a fantastic angle!

Sharon said...

Fantastic Shot. I almost feel like I'm about the get wet.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

great perspective

Judy said...

That is a spectacular shot!! So much movement in the picture.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

This is a stunning shot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...